Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB 3.0 loopback unable to detect

Hi All,

I bought around 50 pcs USB 3.0 loopback from December 2020 and used them in few months until now. I am facing to some issue as below

1. First Case: Plug into the laptop but the LED screen on USB 3.0 loopback does not show up anything. Tried to use "USB3.0Tester_2.0.1009" tool to test and receive a message " No Passmark USB3 test device detected". I tried to use the "USB3FWupdater_2.5" tool to update the FW. they work well after that

2. Second case: Plug into the laptop and the LED screen show message "Voltage 5.01v USB3 Enumerated" then stop here forever, can not move on. Tried to use "USB3.0Tester_2.0.1009" tool to test and receive a message " No Passmark USB3 test device detected". I tried to use the "USB3FWupdater_2.5" tool to update the FW. They are unable to update the FW and I got the message as below pictures

3. Third Case: I have some USB 3.0 loopback but they can run only 480MB/s. I also tried to use the "USB3FWupdater_2.5" tool to update the FW. But can not get any improvement after updated the FW.

Could you please help to show me how to fix these issues2 & 3?
    I am wondering how many years of warranty for USB 3.0 loopback after invoice? Could you please advise?
    Thank you for your help
    Last edited by raphael0910; May-19-2021, 12:55 AM.

1. Not sure how firmware was lost, but all good if they work again after FW update.

2. You referred to some pictures but we do not see any attached on your post. Read here for reasons why the USB plug can fail: https://www.passmark.com/support/usb_device_failure.php

3. Is this a USB 3.0 port? Are you using a 3.0 cable?
    It is also possible that the USB3 lines are damaged but the USB2 lines were ok and plug will only function in USB2 speeds.

We recommend using the USB short circuit tester before using the plugs to prevent damaging the plugs:
    https://www.passmark.com/products/us...ster/index.php

Comment

Working...
    X