X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB charger not detected by PM125, others are detected

Hi,
    I have the following setup:
    Windows 10, Device PMPD5FL14I Firmware 3.2 (PM125) and PassMark Power Delivery Tester V1.1 1012
    I already tested several USB Plugs succefully. Today I wanted to test:
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...231154150.html

But the system does not recognize the above USB charger. If I remove it, and put in another USB charger, the other USB charger is recognized immediately. If I oput this one back it is not recognized.

The difference I notice: This new plug has an LCD display, all others I tested until now do not have an LCD display.

Is there a way to "simply" run a test and see what happens? So is there a way to bypass the test of PM125, and "just run"?

all the best
    Juergen

I had a look at that Alibaba page for the EONLINE Phone Charger. The price seems to be 10 cents for a USB-PD phone charger. Which is extremely hard to believe. I don't think this is possible. USB connectors by themselves cost more than 10 cents (even in China in bulk). Two piece plastic case would also be around $1, even in huge bulk quantities.

So there is something really wrong here.

Obviously conclusion is that the charger might not have the specifications that were advertised. Maybe it is just full of sand?

But you are a few firmware versions behind, so update the tester's FW
    https://www.passmark.com/products/us...r/download.php

Comment

Hi David,
      thank you for your reply. The Charger is fine (except not recognized by PM125). The pricing you catched is usually for "a box" or "plastic bag". You have to klick into the offer to get some more realistic pricing. I assume this is done, to be ranked better at alibaba. (I trapped into such "offerings" a lot.)
      I'll make the firmware update and see what happens.

all the best
      Juergen

Comment

If the pricing is basically fake and a scam, is the product going to be any better?

Comment

The price belongs to a bag. If one is interested, he can read it.

Comment

This is what happens during the firmware update. people/glass houses/stones/throwing...

What to do with the situation in the screenshot? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211031_122603.png
Views:	206
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	51624 Remove USB and risk a brick?

Seems thare is an issue... (Not with the USB charger...)
            Sorry to say this.

Comment

Can you try on a different PC with a different USB cable. Might just be loose cable / port.
              Should be no risk of of bricking it.
              If the FW is corrupt however and you re-attempt, it might prompt you to pick firmware for PM110 (Revision 1) or PM125 (Revision 2) however.

Comment

Working...
              X