4K Monitors and Video Crads Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K Monitors and Video Crads Benchmarks

Hello everyone. I recently bought a very inexpensive Acer 4K monitor. Really, I paid less than $400 US Dollars, so that was a real bargain.
    I am very please with this monitor overall performance. It has accomplished what I was looking for, which was to get as close as possible to "retina" on my PC. It is beautiful to have such a clear desktop.

Anyway, I wonder if in the future we will be able to check video card power, fps, etc., and the ability to run 4K smoothly with some type of benchmark...
    I understand that for right now only DisplayPort is able to run 4K @60Hz. But in the near future HDMI 2.0 will too.
    I tried 4K @30Hz thru the HDMI port and the lag on web browsing and other things is just too much to bare. I also tried it with a 13" retina MacBook pro and it looks gorgeous also, but the 13"MBP can only do 4K @30Hz. You need the 15" MBP to move up to 60Hz.

I just wanted to put these thoughts out there since I am enjoying my "cheap" 4K everyday more and more. I think that the reason I can truly enjoy this monitor is because, unlike too many in tech, I let my eyes do the talking instead of letting the specs get in the way.

PS: I had a problem right after I bought this monitor and I thought that the problem was going to be, either a bad video card or a defective monitor. In the end I figured out that it was a bad cable. Imagine that! A cable made my monitor flicker and go on and off every few seconds.
    When buying DisplayPort cables you have to make sure that they have DP stamped on them. That assures certification of the cable wiring by displayport.org. The bad one I bought initially had a return wired backward. The price is not the issue with these cables, just certification.

Video card power can be measured (with the right equipment). See Tom's hardware article for an example.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ance,3979.html

FPS is already routinely measured by dozens of different benchmarks and games. PerformanceTest will run at 4K from the advanced 3D test menu.

Comment

Thank you David.

Comment

Working...
      X