DX 11 test is getting an Error saying my result is too high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX 11 test is getting an Error saying my result is too high

I'm currently running a 4090 and when running the 3DMark test I seem to get an error when running the DX11 test. It says the result is too high and not possible. Is there anything I can do or is the test reporting something odd? All the other benchmark scores seem to be somewhat in line with other 4090s I've seen on the site but my DX11 number seems to be insanely high as I see the fps counter show as high as 1250 fps. I've disabled any capture software and any fps overlay software and even disabled DSR in the nvidia control panel. My native resolution in 2560 x 1440 @ 170hz on my monitor. If it matters I'm also running Windows 11 with a 5800X3D. I'm attaching the error and the results I get for the other test
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	204
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	54120

We been made aware of the issue. We'll take a closer look at this (in the next couple of weeks when works hours become more regular). There is a hard limit currently of 1000FPS on the DirectX 11 test. With the RTX 4090 averaging 860 PFS on the DX11 test, it can become a problem. (Note: RTX 3090 Ti average on DX11 is 614FPS). We'll likely adjust the limit in an upcoming release to make room for newer more powerful cards.

Comment

There is an updated build of PerformanceTest now available that has increased the limit for this error message.

Comment

Dear Tim,

I am writing to express my concerns regarding the latest release of Performancetest 11.0 X86(64bit). Unfortunately, the release is riddled with numerous bugs, which makes it impossible for me to compare my saved results with the new version. I believe that many others share the same sentiment.

I would like to request that you consider reverting to the same options available in Performancetest 10.1 build 1007 X86(64bit). I have been using this software for its simplicity and power, but the latest release has not been satisfactory due to the changes made. It would be helpful to provide users with an option and remove any limitations from DX9 to DX12.

I hope that you will recognize the advantages of making no changes so that users can compare their results, even as the CPU or GPU performance improves over time.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
        ​/Freddy

Comment

I am writing to express my concerns regarding the latest release of Performancetest 11.0 X86(64bit). Unfortunately, the release is riddled with numerous bugs, which makes it impossible for me to compare my saved results with the new version. I believe that many others share the same sentiment.
          Can you let us know the bugs you are experiencing in version 11 so we can address them?
          At the moment we aren't aware of any bugs at all in V11.

It would be helpful to provide users with an option and remove any limitations from DX9 to DX12.
          We did not limit the frames that the tests can generate, but we did increase the complexity of the scene by increasing the object count on the DirectX 10 and Direct 11 tests. The DirectX 10 and Direct 11 tests will now have lower FPS, but the G3D Mark takes that into account and is scaled to keep the mark consistent to previous versions of PerformanceTest.

Comment

Working...
          X