gpu advice sort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpu advice sort

Dear Dave..I have sent the venerable old r9 390 off to a comfortable retirement and guiltily replaced her with a rx6600xt(myGod its so much faster) now sir my question...i use a MSI z270 titanium motherboard and as your learned self obviously knows full well it uses PCIE 16 3,.0 and I understand the 66xt uses 4.0 is this the reason that try asI might I cant get near the top guys using this card in your 3d test?Also I am confused about it using PCIE 8x2 can you please tell me how things should be setup to achieve the best results,should it be plugged into the top slot for instance,also I have a 970 evo which was pluggwed into the top mr2 slot but fearing some sort of sharing bandwidth with the card in the top slot I moved the evo to the 3rd mr2 slot...sorry Im not clearer just any insight of yours would be very highly appreciated coming from a guru such as your good self...thankyou and best wishes from the very troubled land of South Africa

Your 390 sent us a post card. No need to feel guilty.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	R9-390.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	55666
    New video card should go into a x16 slot. Typically the longest one nearest the CPU (also called PCI_E1 on this motherboard).

But with PCIe3.0 and likely an older CPU, you are never going to get the full performance from the new card. But maybe a loss of 10 - 20% doesn't matter.

Comment

Thanks Dave for setting my mind at ease and please tell r9 to get herself back home....keep well

Comment

Working...
      X