starting my build-noob help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting my build-noob help

okay so i am trying to assemble a gaming pc budget between 750-1000. i have looked through a lot of the posts on this site aswel as many others and i just cant seem to decide what the best motherboard will be, or exactly how i should go about begin to asemble a gaming computer. liquid cooled vs fans, large case vs small, ect. i just dont really know where to start. any tips would be ell appreciated -kdems

Forget water cooling if you can't decide on even the basics.
    Something like the Intel Core i5-4690 for a CPU.
    Maybe the Radeon R9 290 / 390 for video

Then pick a LGA1150 motherboard, 8GB of RAM, Brand name 600W PSU and a mid size case.

If you can afford it get a SSD.

Of course the best gear will change from month to month as prices vary and new products come to market.

Comment

okay I`ve made a list if the parts im thinking about, not sure if i am forgetting anything but here`s what i have so far any suggestions?

motherboard- MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-G45 GAMING- my starting point

processor- Intel Core BX80646I74790K i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) - seems like a well rounded processor that will work with my motherboard

ram- G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 3000 (PC4-24000) Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C15Q-16​GRK- i looked and the motherboard will have 4 ram slots, can the motherboard handle these, and are they the right size

graphics card- MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Graphics Card- as suggested

power supply- Corsair CX600 CP-9020048-US 600W Power Supply - not sure how this will effect my build, very open to suggestions

hd/ssd- Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E1T0B/AM​) and a Seagate 4TB NAS HDD SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST4000VN000)- i'm not sure whether both of these will work together

case- Fractal Design Define S Gaming Case FD-CA-DEF-S-BK- looks amazing, dont know if everything will fit in it.

Comment

I don't know what country you are in, and what prices you can get on the parts, but I suspect this will all add up to be significantly higher than your budget.
        (the motherboard uses DDR3 RAM by the way)

Comment

yes, i have decided to up my budget a bit, i didn't realize there were different types of ram, thank you

Comment

Working...
          X