Power Delivery and Loopback test on USB port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Delivery and Loopback test on USB port

I have a USB board need to test the Power Delivery + loopback test on USB_Downstream_Port_0 and USB_Downstream_Port_1
    as diagram below

Click image for larger version

Name:	USB_Diagram.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	56829

I am planning to use PM 125 (PD) and PM065 (Loopback) to run the test. My question is how do I conncet from
    my test PC to the USB board and to the PM125 tester? How many PM 125 and PM065 do I need to test both USB ports.

The connection with assumption that the test will fully automate with no cable swapping during test​.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestion.
    Last edited by p_pham; Apr-03-2024, 11:29 PM.

Can you give more details of the "USB board". It is a computer / PC? What type? What O/S? Or is it just a charger? If it is just a charger, then data loopback isn't possible as chargers don't do data transfer.

Maybe some photos of the setup would help.

The upstream / downstream differences in your diagram also aren't clear. Are you saying your USB ports are somehow uni-directional (i.e. not standard USB ports?)

If you want full automation, can you write code?

Comment

Hi David,
      Thanks for geting back to me. I am try my best to answer your question

It is a USB hub capable of both data (USB2 and USB3) and PD3.1. Hub can work with widows/linux

It is a standard hub, so bidirectional

Yes, we can write scripts in Python or using Labview to design

Thanks

Comment

You would need a setup something like this using the USB PD Tester and loopback plugs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	56939
        I don't know if your hub is self powered or bus powered. The host machine should obviously support power delivery as well.
        The host machine would need to be running the monitoring software for the PD Tester (USBPDTest).
        And also running the USB3Test software for testing the data loopback function.

There is also a programming API for both the PD Tester and the USB3 plugs. See the pages linked to above.

Comment

Thanks for the information. We will try it and let you know or may back with more questions.

Comment

Working...
          X