Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't recognize USB PD Tester (Model: PM110) under windows for Firmware upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't recognize USB PD Tester (Model: PM110) under windows for Firmware upgrading

Hello,
    Trying to have latest Firmware on USB Power Delivery Test PM110 (current version 1.9) using windows 10.
    Driver property is showing correct information (PassMark_Device_onWindows.jpg). However, it is failing to detect contestably (UpdateMsg.jpg). Can't continue with FW update. Please help!!

I have another PM110, and it works fine on the same PC.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,

To update the PM110 to the latest firmware version, you will have to first update it to FW version 2.4 and then after that you can update it to the latest version. The FW update tool for V2.4 can be downloaded from this link: https://www.passmark.com.au/download...pdater_2.4.zip

The reason for this is that at some point we had to make a small change to the API that we use to communicate between the PM110 and PC, and this means that very old firmware versions don't work with our latest software tools.

Comment

Hello,
      Thanks for your response.

I am still running into same issue on my window 10 with use of version 2.4 [FWUpdated_V2.4_no connection.jpg].
      Could you please advise? Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ddarji; Jul-22-2024, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Another reason that it might not be detected is if another application is open and connected to the PM110. Could you try run the update tool again making sure no other applications are open on the PC please, and also if it fails try unplugging and plugging in the device again and trying again to run the update.

If that doesn't work still could you tell me what the "Device instance path" is please so I can confirm that it is set correctly. This can be found in the driver property page under "Details" and then selecting "Device instance path" in the dropdown menu. An example of what the Device instance path might look like is: USB\VID_0403&PID_6015\PMPD53AFVV

Comment

I've tried all your suggested steps including reboot and uninstall device from Driver property under Driver tab and install it back. It didn't help.
          Device instance path is showing as: USB\VID_0403&PID_6015\6&30C5D09C&0&6. Attached Dev_Instace_Path.jpg.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the extra information. The Device instance path looks incorrect as it should have the letters "PMPD" in it, so it seems like something has happened to the FTDI chip that caused an issue in the settings of it. We have another version of the FW updater tool that also does a reprogram of the FTDI chip, could you please try run this update tool and see if it updates the unit to the latest FW version (V3.2 for PM110).

The link for the update tool is: https://www.passmark.com.au/download...cover_FTDI.zip and use the updater tool that is inside the PM110_recover_FTDI folder to fix the unit.

Comment

That did it!
              Latest FW v3.2 got loaded. And it got correct instance path with "PMPD" [Dev_Instance_Path_Fixed.jpg].

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X