Diskcheck incorrect SMART Temp from cmd line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diskcheck incorrect SMART Temp from cmd line

I have diskcheck 2.0 installed and when I run the exe from windows and check my Toshiba drive is shows the temperature at 37 C. In the configuration I set the temperature warning level at 60 C. I set up a scheduled task to run from the command line using the run statement as follows:
    C:\diskcheckup\DiskCheckup.exe CHECKTEC

I have the threshold exceed condition set to email me. The temperature is not being read correctly under these conditions. I get the email below whenever the scheduled task runs:
    Threshold Exceed Condition
    Time: Tue Oct 24 09:08:52 2006
    Machine: xxxxx
    IP address: xxxxx
    Device: TOSHIBA MK4026GAX
    Attribute: Temperature
    Actual: 524324 C
    Threshold: 60 C

So I am assuming the temperature is correctly calculated when run from Windows but from the command line it is not calculating the correct temperature.

Thank you for your post.

[quote]
    So I am assuming the temperature is correctly calculated when run from Windows but from the command line it is not calculating the correct temperature.
    [Unquote]

It does not matter if you run from Windows or command line. This happens because certain drives report high order garbage in the tempertaure raw values.

524324 in decimal is 10000000000000100100 in binary. The "1" in the most significant bit IS the garbage. The correct temperature should be 100100 (i.e. 36 in decimal).

We have released a new version (v2.0 build 1002) of DiskCheckup today that fixes this issue.
    SK
    PassMark Software

Comment

New version fixes temp reporting problem

Thanks, I installed the new version and the problem is resolved. I set the threshold value low so an alert was generated and the correct temperature is reported in the email.

Comment

Working...
      X