Only Sleeper does a complete S3 sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Sleeper does a complete S3 sleep

I installed Sleeper v2.2 #1006 on my XPsp2 Intel motherboard (D955XBK) and I have the bios set to enable an S3 sleep. If I run the Sleeper S3 test, it successfully brings the entire computer down into an S3 state (it appears totally dead). However, any other method I've tried (software, Sleep button on keyboard, etc) brings the OS into sleep mode but leaves the cpu and ps fans running. What's different about YOUR S3 mode and how can I get a complete sleep from other methods (like my keyboard sleep button)?

I notice other posts on this topic so I guess I'm not alone. I've setup a shortcut with the command "Sleeper.exe -D 0 -S0010 -H -E" and it works nicely except I'd like to have it not show the Sleeper window. Is there a command line parameter to hide the window?
    Last edited by wysocki; Nov-10-2006, 12:22 AM.

There are several sleep levels available in most PC's but the O/S isn't very flexible about letting you select what you want.

I think there is some registry change you can make to switch between S1 and S3 for the Sleep function, but I don't have the details at hand.

There isn't any option to hide the window.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      ...I think there is some registry change you can make to switch between S1 and S3 for the Sleep function, but I don't have the details at hand.
      Thanks for the tip. I should have dug a bit further with Google. I found an excellent article at http://www.videoscreencast.com/Default.aspx?tabid=64 that describes a registry mod plus a great tool from Microsoft called dumppo that let me review my power settings and change the S1 default to S3. Works like a charm now!

Comment

Working...
      X