Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memtest86 V4.3.7: what does "error confidence level mean"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 V4.3.7: what does "error confidence level mean"?

Hello Community,

the computer of a friend crashed last week with an error code indicating there might be a memory error (I changed the memory bars last summer), so I ran memtest overnight. It reported quite a number of errors (see attached picture), all within a small address range. So I guess the cure by exchange might probably be the right one.

In any case, memtest states an error confidence level of 13, so what does mean? I haven't found any explanation for that line.

All hints and tips are welcome.

Thanks plenty in advance,

Anja

From the MemTest86 User Guide (can be found in the MemTest86 boot media)

Error Confidence Value:
    A value that indicates the validity of the errors being reported with larger values indicating greater
    validity. There is a high probability that all errors reported are valid regardless of this value. However,
    when this value exceeds 100 it is nearly impossible that the reported errors will be invalid.
    For some reason, the screenshot in your post is extremely tiny which makes it impossible to see the errors you are getting.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation! (I haven't found the user guide, only the technical info on the site).

I try again with the picture upload:
      (larger this time but far away from the original size 1280x960), hopefully it can be read..

Thanks again,

Anja

Comment

Could be a BIOS bug or actual RAM fault. Try switching the RAM first and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X