speed of multiple passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed of multiple passes

A single pass of the 13 tests completed for me in 1 hour and 15 minutes (parallel mode), but to complete a dozen passes took 36 hours. Is this normal?
    0 errors though so at least I can be sure the ram is reliable.

*It may be worth noting that I manually entered the number of passes to 999 as a way to almost set it to unlimited.

Specs:
    i7 6700k (no OC)
    Corsair Vengeance 2666 32gb (16gb sticks x2)
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero (bios 2001)

Ok so now this second run has been going for a little over 11 hours and the time I mentioned above of 1 hour and 15 minuts is for this run and not my very first run which was the one that took 36 hours to do 12 passes.

So to summarize, this run did it's first pass in 1:15, but after running a little over 11 hours, is just over halfway through the 5th pass and it seems odd to me. If the first pass took 1:15, then I would think in 11 hours it would have done almost 9 passes by now. Is something not right here?

Another detail I can include: the test is on a flash drive plugged in to a usb 2.0 port and the drive itself is a 3.0 drive which is a sandisk cruzer 16gb size

Comment

The first pass was coded to be deliberately shorter. Many people are time poor & only do 1 pass, so the thinking was that is it better to get good test coverage as quick as possible.

Comment

Ah I see, that makes a lot of sense. So 2 16gb sticks of ddr4 running at 2666mhz taking 36 hours to do 12 passes sounds legit to you? The cpu never seemed to throttle any time I checked and memtest reported all 8 threads active and operating at 4008mhz.

Thanks for all your replies to my questions and concerns David, your dedication and support of the software is great to see and much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X