Supermicro X9SRL-F ECC Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermicro X9SRL-F ECC Support?

Board: Supermicro X9SRL-F (Intel C602 chipset)
    CPU: Xeon E5-2670 v2
    RAM: 4 x 4gb HMT351U7CFR8A-H9 ECC UDIMM or 8 x HMT31GR7CFR4A-H9 ECC RDIMM

Trying to boot into the UEFI version of Memtest86 the machine reboots during the detection phase before Memtest even launches. I've been able to get past that part by limiting CPU cores to 1 in BIOS and disabling hyper threading. If I purchase the Pro version, will my board be supported for the ECC injection feature? Both sets of RAM pass with the free edition, but I'd like to see the ECC at work.

Which version of MemTest86 are you trying to boot?

If it is V7, can you send us a log file for when it didn't boot. A log file (MemTest86.log) is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 v7 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition.

I'll need to check on ECC injection support for that CPU.

Comment

MemTest86 V7.1 Free Build: 1000 (64-bit)

Here's the log file, had to zip it because it was over 20kb.
      Attached Files

Comment

It appears that there is a bug in the UEFI BIOS that causes the system to hang when attempting to run tests on other CPU cores. We are aware of certain motherboards/BIOSes that experience similar issues and have created a thread to keep track of a list of known motherboards.

http://www.passmark.com/forum/memtes...election-modes

Unfortunately, resolving this issue requires a new BIOS from your manufacture. So you may need to check with Supermicro to see if a new BIOS update is available.

Regarding the ECC injection support, the Xeon E5 v2 does not have any known hardware mechanism for injecting ECC errors, unfortunately. You can see the list of chipsets that have known ECC injection support here:

http://memtest86.com/features.htm#fn4

Comment

Working...
        X