Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this mean? Bits in error total 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean? Bits in error total 1?

I was just doing a text and it had a decent amount of errors, Basically all on tests 6 through 9. Through 3 and a half passes but when I ended it it only had one bit in error total, 1 max and average. And max contiguous errors was also 1. What does this mean? It seemed strange to me from the amount of errors that showed up while I was testing. Actually there were only errors in 6,7,8,and 9. I should also mention that the components are all brand new! I just out this together this last weekend. Asus z270e motherboard, i7-7700k, G skill trident Z 3200
    Last edited by Jakep; Mar-16-2017, 09:01 PM. Reason: Added in pc components

here is a screenshot of the report
    Attached Files

Comment

i need to edit that. i didn't know it would just shrink it to a Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	37322 tiny size

Comment

OK so I just tried something. I restored my cpu to stock settings and did a test using one cpu and multi and this time they both passed with 0 errors.! I'm not sure why having the cpu over clocked caused the memory to be out of sync but it did. Maybe if I would have increased the voltage to the memory a bit it would have been able to keep up. I'm not sure. But hopefully this will solve my possible memory related crashes. But if anyone else is having problems with there memory restore your cpu to default settings and try to run a memory test then.

Comment

A one bit error is more typical of a RAM error than a CPU error.

But it isn't unusual at all to have various system instability after overclocking. (if overclocking never introduced errors then CPUs would all be made to run faster in their factory default settings).

Comment

OK thanks for the reply. It's something I will have to look into.

Comment

Working...
            X