Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help understanding Errors

Hello,

I have been stressing for days over recent issues with my PC where it will just randomly freeze or blue screen, sometimes it takes minutes from startup and sometimes i can game for days before it happens. i Tested the hard drives and they passed so i reinstalled windows to try eliminate driver and software issues and only installed bare essentials. It is still freezing however the blue screening seems to have stopped. I thought i would test the ram next and got the following results. The computer froze at this point in the test. Does this mean i have a faulty stick of ram? Being that i have 24GB of Ram (6 x 4GB Sticks) and the error occurred at 19.8GB would that signify the error occurred on the 5th stick?

Also to note, I changed the CPU to a 980x to test the CPU i bought, this was a while ago, when i changed back to the 975 my system only showed 16GB ram not the 24GB installed, and the computer ran like this for about 9 months without issue, since it started with the problems i have noticed it is now recognizing the full 24GB, at the time i could not solve this problem no matter what i tried. This may be relevant or may not

System Specs

Core i7 975x Extreme 3.33Ghz
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme
    6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 2400Mhz
    2 x Corsair 120GB Force LS in Raid 0 (for OS)
    ATI R9 390 8GB

The CPU, RAM and MB are all watercooled so there are no overheating issues and are not currently overclocked

The screen shot is too small the see the details. If there were memory errors reported, then yes, there are likely memory errors.

Comment

https://ibb.co/fmV11Q

This is a link to the image, for some reason it wont let me upload the image properly here

Comment

Yep, looks like bad RAM.

Comment

am i correct in assuming that because it stoped at 19.8gb that that faulty stick would be the 5th in sequence?

Comment

No, that would not be correct.
            Memory addresses are interleaved in a complex (and often secret) manner.

Comment

I though that might be the case i was just trying to avoid having to do process of elimination because it is painful removing and reinstalling the waterblock on the RAM, I appreciate your help and will see if this solves my problems

Comment

Working...
              X