Memtest86 rebooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 rebooting.

I wanted to test an old 486 motherboard with memtest86 and I downloaded the old verysion for using with a floppy but it keeps on rebooting the computer soon after the menu. The screen just flashes blue quickly and then it reboots the computer. Is there anything I can do?

I assume you are trying to use V4? It might be using instructions not supported by the 486.

You might need to go back to an even earlier release. The 486 came out around 1989. So you might need to go back to a V2 or V3 release.

Or it could be that your 27 year old computer is faulty.

Comment

It boots to dos and passes all the benchmarks I have tried so far. Any idea where I can download those older versions since the download page only had V4.3.7 to use with a floppy disks?
      I did try searching for system requirements for the software, but I wasn't able to find any cpu related system requirements.

Comment

We no longer host versions this old.
        Have a look at the old, now defunct, MemTest86+ project instead. They have floppy builds back to early 2008, which is still 10 years too new, but it might work.

Comment

Thanks.
          It would be nice to have system requirements somewhere for the versions that you have available for download because it is with old computers that I feel that I would need this kind of program most.

Comment

Working...
          X