ASUS PRIME X370-PRO with Ryzen 1700x rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS PRIME X370-PRO with Ryzen 1700x rebooting

My new ASUS PRIME X370-PRO with Ryzen 1700x system seems to have some memory issues. Running latest linux kernel (stock ubuntu 17.04, 4.10 kernel, 4.11.0 & 4.11.1 tested) it will run fine for a while and then hard lock with nothing logged in the system. Latest ASUS bios and running memory at stock 2133mhz, also tested with XMP profile at 2400mhz with same lockups.

So my plan was to memory test my two 16gb dimms but memtest86 keeps rebooting on startup with 7.3 UEFI version, I guess this has to do with the buggy ASUS bios also reported for their other mb's.

Attaching log of two failed startups.

I tried memtest86+(not your version, I know) and with both dimms it froze after just 3-4 minutes, with one ram module it ran at least a full pass. Just tried one time with both dimms and too short with one dimm to make any definitive conclusion.

I now booted linux with one dimm to run Google Stress App test(recommended by many) to stress test the memory.

But it would be nice to be able to run your memtest86 also to include result in the overall evaluation of the memory/system stability.

Attached Files

We have added the ASUS PRIME X380-PRO board to the blacklist. You can download the new build here:

http://www.passmark.com/ftp/memtest86-usb-7.3.1018.zip

Comment

Working...
    X