Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MemTest86 V7.3 freezing in multi-core. V4.3 is not. Also want feedback on results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 V7.3 freezing in multi-core. V4.3 is not. Also want feedback on results.

Hello. I'm very new to working with computers, so let me know if I need to add more detail.

As per the title, my system is locking up in multi-core, but works fine if I run single core. V4.3 is giving me no issues.
    My concern is that this may be caused by faulty hardware besides my RAM.
    I ran Prime95 Blend test for 16 hours and the Small FFT test for 9 hours and passed all tests. I decided to test the RAM because of frequent file corruption while playing a specific game and eventually had a BSOD while playing the game.

I also get a lot more errors on V4.3 than I do with V7.3.

My motherboard is the MSI B150 Gaming M3. I have already tried updating to the latest BIOS.

I want to be as sure as possible that the fault is with my RAM and not other hardware.
    I'm running a single 8GB stick that is shown as compatible with my motherboard.
    I've tried different slots to rule out a faulty DIMM slot, but get errors on all of them.

I'll include my MemTest86 test results. I tried including the log, but the file size was too large.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PhilJ; Jun-19-2017, 12:22 PM.

Yep, looks like bad RAM.

Comment

Working...
    X