Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touch pad won't work in MemTest86 if I hit keyboard on and on during MemTest86 boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch pad won't work in MemTest86 if I hit keyboard on and on during MemTest86 boot

Hi,

I have a question about MemTest86.

The touch pad of my laptop won't work in MemTest86 if I hit any keys of keyboard of my laptop on and on during MemTest86 boot from USB pen drive.

I took a video for that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJiM...ature=youtu.be

You can see the touch pad of my laptop worked normally if I didn't hit keyboard during boot at 00:25.
    And the touch pad didn't work if I hit any keys of keyboard on and on during boot at 1:36.

(In video, I only hit the "enter key" but I have tried other keys also found same problem)

I also attached two boot logs for work and no work.

I think my touch pad didn't work because it works on SMBus interface.
    I plugged a USB mouse in and the cursor in MemTest86 can be moved by USB mouse.

What do you think? This is a bug of MemTest86 v7.3 or is just a normal behavior and I shouldn't hit the keyboard
    during the MemTest86 initializes SMBus.

Have a good one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jesse
    Attached Files

Sorry, we don't know the answer.

I am surprised it works at all, under any circumstances, to be honest, as is it unlikely there is a UEFI driver for it.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Sorry, we don't know the answer.

I am surprised it works at all, under any circumstances, to be honest, as is it unlikely there is a UEFI driver for it.

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

But I was still confused you said "I am surprised it works at all"
      So far as I know, The touchpad of laptops work all the time in MemTest86 and it is a feature in MemTest86.
      The following sentence was found in the Main Features of MemTest86 in PassMark website.
      "Graphical interface, mouse support and logging of results to disk"

And the touchpad can always work in MemTest86 on HP,Dell,Lenovo,Acer all laptops.

My question is:
      During the MemTest86 is retrieving hardware info. while boot, Can I do purposely a little actions to disturb it?
      (unreasonable behaviour)as hitting keybaoard insanely and for real I found a little problems same as my case.

Do you think that's a bug or I shouldn't disturb MemTest86 while it is retrieving hardware info..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a good one.

Jesse

Comment

But I was still confused you said "I am surprised it works at all"
        We haven't tested touchpads, so we don't know the answer.

Maybe some touchpads exactly emulate a mouse, and some don't.

There is no good reason we can think of why keyboard input should stop your touchpad working. Support for these devices is part of UEFI BIOS and not from code in MemTest86 itself.

The link to your video is broken by the way..

Comment

There is no good reason we can think of why keyboard input should stop your touchpad working. Support for these devices is part of UEFI BIOS and not from code in MemTest86 itself.

Hi David,

Sorry for bothering you.

I don't think it will be fixed, just want to ask you whether the test method makes sense in MemTest86.
          (Crazy to hit keyboard while MemTest86 is being ready for touch pad)

The test method is from my customer and it only appeared in MemTest86.
          So I want to ask you could I tell my customer he shouldn't do any interferences during MemTest86 is retrieving.

If I just input some keys during MemTest86 boot, this problem won't happen.

This problem only happens if I crazy to hit keyboard.

So I think the system is busy and cannot complete touch pad ready if I crazy to hit keyboard.
          Could I say that to my customer?
          "MemTest86 cannot guarantee touch pad work normally if you disturb on purpose during it booting."
          I really need your answer beause it only happens in MemTest86.
          We don't really know what happened in MemTest86 when I crazy to hit keyboard druring MemTest86 is retrieving.

Have a good one.

Jesse

Comment

I have fixed my video, please have a look.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJiM...ature=youtu.be

Comment

There is no good reason we can think of why keyboard input should stop your touchpad working.
              If you need a detailed investigation of your customers issue done, then we can do it as a paid consulting job.

Comment

Working...
              X