Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analysing MemTest results

Hello,

Is there any information on interpreting MemTest results or do we simply say that if any errors are found you have dodgy RAM? I was curious as to anything specific could be determined about the nature of the fault from the test results or it's just that any error is an error and that indicates some sort of problem with RAM that needs no further interpretation?

I'm guessing then that the results I got in photo are telling me the RAM is dodgy? Is there any scope that the issue could still be the result of other faults, like issues with motherboard that make it look like memory is at fault, or is it 9 times out of 10 the memtest results are bang on with it being faulty RAM?

Thanks

Having just a single bit in error in a limited address range makes it very likely the RAM is bad (and not CPU or motherboard).

RAM is pretty cheap in general, so it doesn't justify a deep investigation (and it can't be repaired in any case). Easy to replace to RAM and retest, and see if that solves the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X