Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millions of errors running Test 3-13

Hey guys,

recently my windows system began to have blue screens like "Memory_Management", "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" or "Kernel Security Check Failure". I'm running a G4560 from Intel, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM and a Asus B150i pro-gaming motherboard. I concluded that probably something with the RAM is wrong since reinstalling windows i still had blue screens so probably no driver error. Running Memtest I got Freezes running test 1 and 2 saying "could not start processor #0" so decided to skip those first three tests and just run the others. The fourth pass of test is still up and running but i already got 2.2 million errors and i recoginzed an intersting pattern. In every line of the testing it's always the same fault: The fourth hex number of the 8 digits is always two too little. That means expected is FFFFFFFF and actual is FFFDFFFF or expected is 5B772C20 is 5B752C20. So the fourth digit is always by two too small unless the expected number is a zero because than the actual output is 2. I'm still waiting for the end result of the test and I will provide you with it but can anything be conclude by this weird two digit offset that is happening with every test? Really appreciate Your help guys.

Hugo

could not start processor #0
    Very likely this is a bug in the UEFI BIOS of the machines.
    https://www.passmark.com/forum/memte...election-modes

ASUS motherboards had a multithreading bug, but they have been fixing them up with new BIOS releases.

So check for new firmware, or just run single threaded on one CPU Core.

i already got 2.2 million errors
    You can probably stop it at this point. After one or two errors, you can be fairly sure something is wrong. Swap out the RAM (or test 1 stick at a time) to confirm it is a RAM problem.

Comment

Unfortunately the log file didnt get saved because I misclicked. I only got one RAM stick because I planned to upgrade soon so can't swap the RAM or just use a single one but new RAM is coming today so I will let you know if it works then.

Edit: Just got my new RAM and immediately started another Memtest and so far I got no errors in two passes so it was a RAM problem. Thanks for your help!
      Last edited by Hugo_Buzzer; Jul-12-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X