Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memtest86 error on test 3, test 7 ,test 8

Hi
    I run memtest V7.3 on intel atom.( appolo lake)
    I can pass memtest in several cyccles.
    But when I run memtest86 long time ,"like , more than" 48hrs, I see a lot errors happen.
    and I can see the symptoms in different DDR module.

does this mean intel atom issue( apploe lake) ?
    or do you have any suggestion , thanks

Does the problem occur in single CPU mode as well?

It would be good to include the MemTest86.log file as well as it includes more details that would help diagnose the issue.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am getting random blue screen crashes with my brand new Gigabyte BRIX 3455 which has the same CPU integrated as seen in this topic. I started testing to find out the problem. Memtest is the first which shows me this error in TEST 8, CPU 2 in the 1st pass. Weird that the 2nd pass was clean...
      Why does the error not occur in the next pass?
      Which test would you suggest to find out the problem? CPU test?

Thanks a lot,
      Cheers!
      Attached Files

Comment

nolivier,

Your problem might be intermittent.
        Otherwise it looks like a real RAM error.

Comment

Hi David,

thanks for your reply. After posting my question I did some more RAM testing and next time the program stopped due to extreme number of errors. I didn't even touch the machine between the tests... The BIOS started to forget its menus and peripherial components. I haven't seen anything like this before... Have you? I made some "screenshots", please find attached.
          After this total system breakdown I dissasambled the BRIX, I replaced the two RAM modules with each other (module 1 from BANK0 to BANK1, module 2 from BANK1 to BANK0) and the RAM errors dissapeared, system booted normally.
          However the main problem of the BRIX is still causing problems (VGA screen dissapeares - blanks out - randomly for a moment from time to time), but this issue does not belong to this topic.

I think you are right. Either the RAM or the motherboard has a weakness. I will send the BRIX and the RAM back to the supplier for testing.
          Thanks for your time

Have a nice day. Cheers!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20180318151753.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	41902 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20180318151948.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	41903 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20180318170318.jpg