Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I fix the address ranges for faster testing in RMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fix the address ranges for faster testing in RMA?

So I got a corsair vengeance LPX 2x8gb rated at 2400mhz. I've been having intermittent game hard freezes (freezes that would require me to cut power to get out of) So I followed the RAM timings of corsair, to no avail and I updated BIOS (which returned me to default ram timings (still freezing though)) So I decided to take a memtest and the issue only occured during pass 12/50 specifically test#5 and I received 120 errors. Does this error point out to RAM issue? I requested an RMA from the store and they said that they have to diagnose the issue before they can replace my RAM. So here are my questions:
    1. Can someone help interpret the errors?
    2. Is it possible that these errors cause me to freeze in game?
    3. Is it a ram error?
    4. Is it possible for me to give him the error address so that he will be able to just run those tests so that he see it faster because I need my RAM asap and it took a minimum of 8hours of testing to have the errors come out. Thanks

Yes, RAM errors can cause system freezes, both in games and on the desktop. In games it is likely more common as more of the RAM would be in use.

The most common RAM errors have a single bit in error. But your results show there are 3 bits in error.

Code:
    Expected
    Actual
    Also most errors show up after faster than after 8 hours.

The RAM addresses will vary depending on which CPU the RAM is used with. So noting the addresses isn't all the useful unless later testing is carried out on an identical system (with same memory channel interleaving).

But nevertheless something is wrong. The obvious thing to do it swap the RAM and see if all the problems disappear.

Comment

I see. I believe my RAM has 2 bit errors if that matters. I also noticed that my ram isnt in my mobo's qvm, is this possibly the cause? Although the 2x4gb of the same model of ram is in the qvl (i have 2x8gb)

Full specs:
      CPU - i7 6700
      GPU - GTX 1070 asus strix
      RAM - 2x 8gb corsair hyper x fury
      PSU - Corsair 750W gold rated
      MOBO - Asus Pro Gaming Aura B150
      HDD - WD10EZEX 1 TB Western Digital
      SSD - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250gb

Comment

Working...
      X