Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 Pro 7.4 ECC Injection

Hi;

I just updated to version 7.4 of Memtest86 Pro, and I saw that I can now enable 'ECC Injection' for my system (Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 with Xeon E5-1650 V4 and ECC memory).

When I enabled ECC Injection, I noticed that the status area reports

[ECC Inject] Injecting ECC error for Intel Broadwell-DE (IMC 0)

Should I also be seeing errors reported as a result, or is the attached photo correct for a normal run?

Also, I was under the impression that the E5-1650 V4 would be a 'Broadwell-EP' as opposed to a 'Broadwell-DE'.

Thanks;

There is a chance that the BIOS has locked the ECC injection registers due to the fact that it is a debug mechanism that is not meant to be enabled in production systems.

Can you e-mail us or upload a copy of the MemTest86.log file under EFI\BOOT directory of the USB drive.

Also, I was under the impression that the E5-1650 V4 would be a 'Broadwell-EP' as opposed to a 'Broadwell-DE'.
    Yes, you are correct. However, both chipsets (Xeon E5 V4 and Xeon D) use the same memory controller so it is more of a naming issue rather than a functional issue.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
      There is a chance that the BIOS has locked the ECC injection registers due to the fact that it is a debug mechanism that is not meant to be enabled in production systems.

Can you e-mail us or upload a copy of the MemTest86.log file under EFI\BOOT directory of the USB drive.

Thanks. Here you go

MemTest86.log

Comment

Thanks for the logs.

If possible, we'd like to send you a debug build to try in order to diagnose the issue. If you want to give this build a try, please send us an e-mail and we'll provide the build for you to download.

Comment

Keith;

Thanks. I sent an email to info@ with my email address.

Comment

Working...
          X