Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fields blocked out on test screen with Memtest86 v7.2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fields blocked out on test screen with Memtest86 v7.2.

While running Memtest86 v7.2 on a Kaby Lake motherboard I am seeing data fields on the test screen being blocked out. The system is still running without any errors and the blocked out fields do re-appear, but it is still rather bothersome. I tried v5.1.0 and it works fine. I purchased v7.4 this morning and it has the same issue. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

It isn't a known problem.
    Likely it is a UEFI BIOS bug with that particular system.

Comment

I was afraid of that, thanks for the response.

Comment

I have the exact same problem. But only when running the bit fade test (Nr 10) and the Hammer test (Nr 13). After the tests are complete everything turns back to normal...

Comment

battosai147, what are your hardware specs? In particular the motherboard and BIOS firmware version?

Comment

It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T570-20HAS01E00

Processor: Intel Core i7-7500U Processor(Core i7-7500U)
            Memory: 32 GB DDR4 RAM 2400MHz (but clocked down by lenovo to 2133MHz)
            Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64
            Hard Drives: 500 GB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD + Transcend MTS400 512GB
            BIOS-Version: UEFI BIOS 1.23 (I dont know the manufacturer, maybe lenovo themselves?)

Comment

We don't know the cause. But likely it is a BIOS bug as we have never seen it on other machines.

Comment

Working...
              X