Memtest v7.4 freeze issue on test #13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest v7.4 freeze issue on test #13

I am brand new to this forum so please forgive me if I leave out some pertinent info. I will try and cover all the bases.

Trying to run MemTest86 V7.4 Free Edition and my computer has frozen 3 times in a row on test #13 at 98% completion. I took screen shots with my phone if those images would be helpful. The first time I ran the test I ran the full set of tests and the 2 times after I only ran test #13. With all 3 tests there were zero errors showing. But my machine has frozen each time at the same % on the same test. No idea if this is a software or hardware issue. My system consists of-

Windows 10 64bit
    MSI X99A SLI Plus MB
    Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8gb) DDR4 2400 @ stock timings and voltage (16-16-16-39)
    Intel Core i7-5820K - Stock clock
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5 384bit- Stock clock

Any ideas on what I should try to get it to finish that test? Memtest is running in parallel mode. SHould I remove 2 of teh 4 sticks of RAM and try again?

My main issue for running Memtest86 is performance issues since I built the machine about a year and a half ago. The RAM and CPU I run should easily be able to be over-clocked but when I even remotely tried to it would constantly freeze so I run everything at the standard speeds. I still get quite a few freezes/lockups that require full hard resets to bring it back on line. No real idea what I need to do to diagnose this. I have checked and updated drivers.

Any help or direction would be awesome. Thanks so much!

PS, I don't think I have any sort of log files since I had to hard reset the computer each time I have run the test.

See this page to start with
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Errors in Test #13 are often design flaws with the RAM.

Very likely it is a hardware fault. Or a slight incompatibility between the RAM and motherboard, sometimes a firmware upgrade can help.

Comment

Working...
    X