BSOD and memtest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD and memtest.

Hi there I built a PC 8 months ago. I've been plagued with BSOD. Stuff like. Page fault in non pages area. Irql not less than equal. Watchdog violations. I reinstalled windows last week. Same issues. Graphic card has newest drivers. I've included my logs from memtest. Do you think these errors could cause these issues? I notice that the ram timings on memtest are 10-11-10-30 whereas under specs from my ram sticks they claim 9-10-9-27. Would this cause an issue? I assumed ram is plug and play. Thank you for your help. All errors are in test 6 but never in same spot. I'm restesting one stick at a time now. Thanks.

Originally posted by dgibbon View Post
    Do you think these errors could cause these issues?
    Yes I do. RAM looks to be bad.

Comment

Thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate it. I tested each stick in each slot but they won't error until I run them in dual channel. Voltage seems to be correct as well. You every hear of that before?

Comment

Yes, it happens. Access pattern and mapping of memory addresses to physical locations if different in dual channel. Also electrical load, heat generated and EMI environment are slightly different.

Running with 2 sticks means you have twice the RAM, which means higher percentage of RAM gets tested. There is a fixed amount of RAM that can't get tested, which is allocated to firmware and memory mapped I/O, etc...

Comment

Working...
        X