Memtest86 on laptop with Gskill 2x8 GB 3000 Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 on laptop with Gskill 2x8 GB 3000 Mhz

Hi everyone, I'm so new in this forum and I need your help.
    Im using Eurocom Tornado F5 Laptop with 7700K. After my clean Windows install about 1 months before , I started to have some BSOD crashes. All of the crashes include "ntoskrnl.exe".
    Main crash message changes such as "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" , "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" or "MEMORY_MENAGEMENT".
    I made memtest86 and had 8 total error and all of them at Test6 and added photos. I have some BSOD text as well.
    Should I change them under warranty ?

Wow, that's a high wattage desktop CPU, but in a laptop. Bet you have a high wattage graphics card in the machine as well. Sounds like a recipe for some serious thermal throttling.

Anyway, yes, something is bad. Most likely the RAM. So send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Wow, that's a high wattage desktop CPU, but in a laptop. Bet you have a high wattage graphics card in the machine as well. Sounds like a recipe for some serious thermal throttling.

Anyway, yes, something is bad. Most likely the RAM. So send it back.
      Yeah I have GTX 1070 on it but 1080 is optional as well. Temps are not high though. I delidded CPU and reaching max 80 C on full load. GPU reaches 75 max (core at 2Ghz).

I contacted with support and they aggreed about BSOD because of RAM. They suggest me to test each 8GB stick for finding which one has problem and replace it.

Comment

Note: You might notice the MemTest86 error reports with a single RAM stick to be different from having two installed, as you'll be moving from dual channel mode to single channel.

Comment

Working...
        X