Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memtest86 restart after 3 -4 seconds

Hello,

i am getting a memory_management BSD while gaming (happend with a couple diff games)...so i read i should check my ram (i already ran a check on my system...drivers...no viruses etc)

as i am running memtest (with just 1 stick in the correct slot according the the manual) it just restarts within 3 - 4 seconds of the first pass first test...it gets to about 16% and just restarts.

there are no errors and i've tried the other ram sticks one at a time in there with the same results

i've set the ram frequency to AUTO (was previously manually set to DDR4 3200 Mhz as that is its max speed)

i should say this is a brand new system i built from the ground up.

any ideas why this is happening? i'd like to scan my ram sticks if possible so i can determine why im getting this memory_management BSD

Please help.

There are some motherboards with UEFI firmware bugs in multi-threading mode. So try single threaded in MemTest86.

Comment

thanks for the reply David, i had searched further last night and found that table with mine listed in it. All i did was update the bios and it worked fine.

I wanted to come here and delete the Thread last night, but it wasnt posted yet as it needs admin aproval first.

Sorry, and thank you again!

Comment

Working...
      X