Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imaging failed at 34%

when i try to write the image to my usb it says imaging failed at 34%
    i also noticed that when I write it it says write to USB while in youtube videos it is Write to UFD

Maybe your USB flash drive it bad.
    Did you try another one?

Comment

Just realised I was using an old version of MemTest86, I tried to update to 7.5 and it got stuck at 34%, as did 7.4.

Comment

Again, maybe your USB flash drive is bad. Did you try another one?

Comment

I had the same issue when trying to update from ver 7.4 to 7.5 and found out the USB Imaging software has problems writing the Image if the USB drive has an EFI system partition on it (e.g. if it already has MemTest86 on the USB stick).

You need to delete the EFI system partition on the USB drive first before you can use the Imaging software.

You can do this via the command line using Diskpart. Just be very careful you choose the correct disk and delete the EFI system partition on the USB drive only.

I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1709.

I used the instructions from this website: https://www.easeus.com/partition-mas...partition.html

WARNING: make sure you select the correct disk which corresponds to your USB drive!
          Method 1. How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.

Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.

Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.

Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition".

Comment

Edit:
            I had initially said that it this can't be true.
            Subsequent test shows that there is a problem in Win10. But you don't need to use command line to work around it, see below.

Comment

Sorry, we'll have to walk back our original response by David. We did some testing and it seems the problem of ImageUSB is visible in certain installation of Windows 10. This seem to be recent change as we have not run into this problem previously. We also tested in Windows 7 and did not run into any issues.

A current workaround for the using ImageUSB with MemTest86 image is to first choose the "Zero" option and Boot Sectors(s) Only to clear the drive before writing the image to the USB Flash Drive. We'll look at this issue more in depth next week.

Comment

We believed we resolved the issue in ImageUSB V1.3.1005 without the workaround mentioned in the posts above. You can download an updated version of imageUSB here. This new version will also be included with MemTest86 download in future releases.

If you still have problems, please let us know.

Comment

Working...
                X