Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECC Injection on X370 Taichi

Hello,

I am having problems with ECC Injects on X370 Taichi. I have EUDIMMs from Crucial, ECC is detected as enabled in Windows (verified both by PowerShell and AIDA64), Linux (verified by EDAC) and Memtest86 (it shows that ECC is enabled and I am able to use ECC inject).
    let
    Unfortunately, I do not see any errors corrected after injects. Is it possible that inject is disabled in this motherboard altogether? I will also contact Asrock and you know if and when I get a response.

Best regards,
    Tomas

Being able to do ECC injection depends on the CPU more than the motherboard.
    What CPU do you have?

Comment

Ryzen 1800X

Comment

According to AMD, the Ryzen CPU support ECC injection. But it has been disabled for the public. We presume it is enabled in engineering samples and they use it internally for testing.

In discussion with AMD they said they consider injection a security risk. We would have thought there was a way to do it securely e.g, in some test mode. But for retail CPUs the feature seems to be turned off (despite the CPU saying it is available for use)

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I was able to get some corrected errors by fiddling with RAM timings, so it seems that everything is working correctly.

Great work with Memtest86 btw!

Comment

Working...
          X