Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So,what's the problem?

*long post detected*
    So let me start with the story.It was a time when Rainbow Six Siege was free on Steam.I already had a friend that was playing and he forced me to install it.I could run it,but it was that thing there:6 GB OF RAM...I had only 4...but I continued anyway.Opened the game after the download finished and it seemed to run normally in the menu,it launched pretty fast.Looked at the tutorials(you only have to watch them,they are just videos)and got into a game.But oh boy,the sound began to bug and as soon as I tried to look around(move the mouse)the game dropped from 60 fps to 3...laggy as hell.I then looked at my 2nd monitor to see the Task Manager...1,999.999 MB of RAM were being used.Explained the situation to my friend and he laughed and said I need more RAM.No doubt.And he was right.I couldn't also play Forza Motorsport 6 or the new World of Tanks or Payday 2 without lagging and sound distortion.But then I remembered:my RAM is sitting in the 2nd slot because the 1st one is not working...but why?Ended up finding Memtest86.I thought it would solve the problem.Took the test with the RAM in the 2nd slot and got 0 errors...so I tried with the 1st slot.Every time I stuffed the RAM stick into the 1st slot,my PC would beep,telling no RAM(by the beeps).And in the rare cases it would boot,my PC would be very slow,distorted sound and would end up with a BSoD.Anyways,got it to run by reseting CMOS and getting the BIOS settings back to factory ones.Started the test and oh boy,here comes the errors.Have some photos(took them with my phone).Didn't captured the errors but they were about CPU 1 and CPU 0.So I got the question:What's wrong?The CPU or the CPU socket?

PC Specs:
    CPU:Intel Pentium G3460 Dual Core 3MB Cache 3.5 GHz socket 1150
    MOBO:Gigabyte GA H81M-S
    RAM:1xPatriot 4GB DIMM DDR3 1600MHz CL11 1.5 V

All of them are still in warranty(Mobo and CPU till next year and RAM for life)...
    Please help me.

There is no conclusive way to know what is at fault except trial and error (or using some really high end test bus trace test equipment).
    Could be CPU, motherboard tracks, slot, or even the RAM itself (if the timing is marginal).

Can you borrow a stick of RAM from your friend to test with.

Comment

I don't know...really I don't see my friends giving me their RAM...and I also think the friends with desktops have DDR4...

Comment

Working...
      X