Black screen, keyboard-icon bottom right corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen, keyboard-icon bottom right corner

Recently I got myself a Surface Book 2 and sadly I encountered a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD today.
    I tried to run Memtest86, but after that countdown-screen I'm only getting a black screen with a small keyboard icon displayed in the bottom right corner.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?

There might be a BIOS preventing the switch into the console display mode.
    The test might actually still be running.

Can you collect the log file and post it
    https://www.memtest86.com/support/index.htm#bugv5

Comment

Here's the log file:
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, tests are still running (no errors were reported up until the time where you collected the log file). So it is just a display issue.

Comment

We think this is a known bug. It should have a work around in V8 of MemTest86. We'll be doing a beta release in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Milt View Post
            Recently I got myself a Surface Book 2 and sadly I encountered a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD today.
            I tried to run Memtest86, but after that countdown-screen I'm only getting a black screen with a small keyboard icon displayed in the bottom right corner.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?
            I’ve been getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs in my Surface Book 2 as well, however all my hardware tests including memory / etc AND a fresh windows install ... came back good yet still encountered the BSOD.

Im really suspecting a bad batch of windows updates or the very latest NVIDIA driver update to be the culprit.

Did you perhaps run windows updates or an Nvidia update recently prior to getting all these BSODs?

Comment

Working...
            X