Consistent error on test #10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistent error on test #10

Hi, there. I have an old system, i5-2500k, and used to have 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24. Recently I discovered that one stick is faulty, but now I suspect it's been so for some time. So, I bought, as of yesterday, 3x4GB of the same Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 9-9-9-24, to go along with my good stick. Then I decided to run some tests to see if my 4x4GB are behaving accordingly. I did the Win 7 x64 memory test with its extended options that took all night to finish clear of errors after 2 passes, but decided to go with memtest86 v7.5 that is much more reliable and I got the following results: all clear except for an error in test 10, address: 30DC589D0 - expected: 00000000 - actual: 01000000. This happened in all 4 passes. I just tested the full set i.e. 4x4GB.
    Here in my country I'll have a hard time trying to get a refund or replacement of the memory. So, my question is where do I go from here? Should I run more tests? What exactly this test 10 result means? Can I "live" with this error or should I identify the faulty stick and try my luck with the vendor? And even though I bought those memories less that 24h ago, and as counter intuitive as it may look, replacement or refund is my last resort. They will do whatever possible to question the results and refuse to replace or refund me.
    I ran the test @1600Mhz, 1.50V. It's the memory specifications, but I could try 1333MHz, or increasing voltage. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

You can find a description of the tests here,
    https://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm#description

Yes, it looks like bad RAM.

As it was only the bit fade test that failed, you could try decreasing the refresh interval (if your BIOS allows this).
    See,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory...fresh_interval

Comment

I increased the voltage from 1.50V to 1.55V and rerun the test 10, 4 passes. No errors. Do you think this is good enough?

Thanks!

Comment

If it is stable in Windows as well, then yes, you can likely live with it.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X