Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook Pro 2015 errors on Test 13

Hello,

I'm trying to diagnose a MacBook Pro for faulty RAM. macOS was freezing in the last few months randomly so I ran a few different memory testing tools to see if it's the RAM.
    So far only MemTest86 gave results. The other tools were either causing kernel panics or just blocked the Mac.

MemTest86 v7.5 was running fine in each run until step 10. Every time it came to the end of Test 9 the UI stopped indicating any progression.
    I figured that I can run only specific tests so here's what I did: run tests from 1 to 9, then from 10 to 13.
    1 to 9 passed with 100% however here's the screen that I saw when I ran the tests from 10 to 13 - note that at this point the UI is frozen. I can't bring up the menu, exit the app or anything. I have to force shut down:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180805_151009.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	42663

I'm using this Mac for work and it's still under warranty, would the above picture indicate a RAM failure?
    I would like to be ~sure about it because taking it to the nearest Apple service would also take me substantial time (just like all this testing did).

Thank you for letting us to use this software for free!

Cheers
    Last edited by macramfails; Aug-06-2018, 07:09 AM.

There was no image attached.

From the description, it sounds like it is bad however.
    Test #10 (Bit fade test) does take a bit longer to run than the other tests, but if there is no progress after 5min, then something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      There was no image attached.

From the description, it sounds like it is bad however.
      Test #10 (Bit fade test) does take a bit longer to run than the other tests, but if there is no progress after 5min, then something is wrong.
      Regarding Test #10, it does progress after 5min when I'm running only tests 10, 11, and 13. The progression stuck between tests 9 and 10, this is why I ran them in two blocks: 1-9 and 10-13.
      To me it looks like only the UI won't update for some reason after test 9.

I attached the image now, could you take another look?

Thank you!

Regarding the image, I pasted it from the clipboard and it appeared in the editor but wasn't uploaded when I clicked Save in the form.

Comment

Now I can see the screen shot, it looks to be the same issues as this post
        https://www.passmark.com/forum/memte...e-2013-27-imac
        and this post
        https://www.passmark.com/forum/memte...ure-on-test-10

Particular Mac UEFI boot ROMS have bugs in them. See above.posts.
        We reported the issue to Apple, but they never replied. Seems they don't care.

Comment

Working...
        X