Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to analyze inconsistent results?

Hey there,
    I built my PC a couple of months ago and have been getting BSOD with Witcher 3 an hour or so into the game - have made all adjustments I can to the game to ensure it is not the game files. These BSOD tend to mention memory errors.

Hardware details:
    MOBO: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor
    RAM: 16GB G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

I ran memtest86 v7.5 three times off of a USB through UEFI BIOS.

The first time (on a cold start) it got stuck on Test #9, had 46 errors prior on Test #7, couldn't save the test as I had to hard restart the PC.
    Re-ran it omitting Test #9 the second time and got 0 errors (report in link).
    Ran it one more time with all tests and got 4 errors (again, report in link).

What can I conclude from these tests? Do I have to RMA my RAM? Should I perform more tests first, and if so how should I run them?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Hope I can fix this with your help!

Thanks,
    Jeff

Yes, you have a hardware fault.
    Most likely bad RAM.

If I had a spare set of RAM (or could borrow some) I would test with the spare set to confirm 100% it is the RAM at fault (and not motherboard or CPU). Then RMA them.

Comment

Thanks David. Going to go ahead and RMA them. I'm honestly relieved it's a hardware issue because I was struggling to figure out why else it wouldn't be working right.

Comment

Working...
      X