X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 RAMS purchases and both with errors

Dear all,
    I am looking for help desperately.

I built the below PC last November for 3d model and drafting mainly on Revit 2013.

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K S1155 3.5GHz 8MB
    RAM:Corsair 16B (2 x 8GB) Dominator Platinum DDR3.
    CMD16GX3M2A1866C91866MHz DIMM CL9
    Graphic card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 1137MHz 2GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI DirectCU II TOP
    Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE S1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 ATX
    Hard disk: OCZ 240GB RevoDrive 3 X2
    PSU: OCZ Technology 1250W Max Performance Modular PSU
    No overclocking

The PC is so unstable and crash frequently especially I am working on Revit. It give me blue screen with either error message of PFN_List_Corrupt or Memory Management, then memory dump and reboot.

I have been to Corsair website for self help and they recommended memtest86+ for diagnostic. I just contacted Corsair and waitng for their response.

I ran the test with both module on and found 4 errors in different failing address as below photo link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z3vppijg3...t%20Result.JPG

At this point, I am confident that the faulty RAM casuing the issue and arrange replacement.

In the meantime, I bought another 2 module of Corsair CMD16GX3M2A1866C91866MHz DIMM CL9 to keep my computer running and ran a test on it.

It found 31 errors on a same failing address.

Refer to photo link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fms4wigwn...t%20Result.JPG

Correct me if I am wrong, if it is caused by the motherboard then the failing address will be same for both tests.

This really make me wonder? Why the Corsair RAMs have consistent fault.

Should you require further information, please let me know.

Any idea are welcome.

In both cases these look like legitimate memory failures. The failures are quite different, different addresses, different bits and failing with different tests. It is clear that this combination of memory and motherboard does not work properly. It could be that you just got unlucky and got more than one faulty sets of DIMMs. More likely is that the motherboard is trying to drive the memory beyond it's rated speed. I note that the reported memory bandwidth is very high, 21 GB/s, This is very high for DDR3-1866 memory. I suggest adjusting the BIOS parameters to reduce the memory speed. Hopefully there is a canned setting that is more conservative. Otherwise it is much more challenging to figure out how to change the settings. Please take a look at the overclocking section of the Memtest86 manual for more information.

Chris
    Last edited by cbrady; Mar-28-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks Chris,
      It found more errors on my new RAM module set. Refer to attached link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2frt3vrnnr...20test%202.jpg

I will change the BIOS ram speed setting and run the test again and keep you posted.

Comment

It is also worth noting that you aren't running MemTest86.
        You are running MemTest86+, which is different software. The guy who did MemTest86+ gave it more or less the same name as MemTest86, which is confusing. It is similar software however.

Comment

I wasn't realise it is different software. I got the weblink for the Corsair website.

Comment

The PC become stable even the latest RAM modules founds hundred of errors.

Comment

Working...
            X