Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im led to believe it is a SLOT issue

Hello,

After getting BSOD constantly but randomly even after installing fresh windows, I have tried testing my ram with Memtest86.

Initially I ran a test with both sticks for 4 passes, I got 7 fails.

I then ran a test with 1 stick each in one of the slots to see if i get any fails. No fails.

I then ran a test with 1 stick each in the other slot, alas, by thr 5/8 passes, i got a few fails.

I am now in the proccess of running a test with the other stick on the supposedly bad slot.

What do i do in this case? Do I just use other slots? Do I replace my mobo?

Thanks for your time!

It is complicated that by testing with 1 stick at a time you are taking the RAM out of dual channel mode. Which can also lead to different behaviour.

It isn't conclusive that the slot is bad. It might be marginal timings and the electrical distance to the 'bad' slot changes the behaviour. Also try the other stick in the suspect slot before concluding it is bad. RAM stick failures are more common that slot failures.

Comment

Thanks for your reply David,

My fiance's pc is exactly the same as mine minus the CPU and the fan.

What I did is take both her memory sticks and put them in mine and vice versa, I made sure they were clean by cleaning the slots with a toothbrush and clean the sticks.

So far no issues but i think its too early, this way atleast, i would be able to tell if its the slot or the card by seeing which pc crashes (if any does)

Comment

Working...
      X