Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memtest has errors at default 2400 speed, but when OC'd to 2666 it works perfectly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest has errors at default 2400 speed, but when OC'd to 2666 it works perfectly.

Thank you for reading this, and this my first post.
    I am using the following hardware: G.Skill - Flare X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 RAM
    AMD AB350m PRO 4 MOBO
    Ryzen 1700 CPU

I ran Memtest 86 on my brand new PC build the other day and received a few hundred errors. I took the sticks out and ran them single channel in the A2 slot, memtest had no errors after multiple passes for both sticks. I then put both sticks back in to A2 and B2 (the original config that produced the initial errors) and OC'd the speed to 2666. Ran Memtest for multiple passes at the higher speed with no errors. My computer has been working great and everything is good.

Last night I turned the speed back down to 2400 and ran Memtest again with the sticks in the same set up, received thousands of errors. Turned the speed back up to 2666 and it ran memtest again with multiple passes and no errors. Has anyone every heard of this before?

Isn't common.
    Must be some timing issue. See if there is a firmware update.

Comment

Thank you David. I updated the BIOS when I put it together but I will see I will make sure it was the most current.

Comment

Working...
      X