L1 L2 L3 Cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 L2 L3 Cache

Merry Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year.
    I recently upgrade my pc abd ubfortunately the ram i bought wasnt in qvl list.
    My Ram is 4133 and i am trying to make it run at 3866 with tight timmings.
    Untill now the only stable settings i got was 3200 14 14 14 34but i am trying for 3866 since i need those extra fps i can get from those sticks
    Running memtest to check stability i have seen that on top left side where is shows L1 L2 L3 Cache most of the times it shows different (at least) L2 Cache.
    For example L2 Cache 119.00 GB/s and 1336.00GB/s.
    Anyone knows the reason?
    Thank you in advance

Can you send us the debug logs from a few different runs.

Comment

Hi Mr David and thanks for your reply
      here are my files
      Attached Files

Comment

I recently upgrade my pc and made the mistake to buy no equivalent memory at 4133 even though my m/b can handle bigger frequency than that. Unfortunately my m/b can run those sticks up to 3866.
        The reason i am testing my memory is to see if i can get better timming in 3866 and no other reason.
        I have had a memtest at 3200 1r 14 14 36 with no error at all but on higher frequency always getting errors... trying to find the best settings.
        So i would like to ask memtest is probably reading and testings the manual seetings added on bios or not?
        And 2nd question is... that since i always get some errors on test 6 8 or 10... should i test only those 3 tests? And when i see no errors for at least 2 or 3 runs i am going to have a full check Are my thoughts correct or u am missing something?
        Thank you in advabce
        ~Nikos

Comment

We'll have a look at the log files.
          MemTest always runs at the speed and timings selected by BIOS. It never changes them.
          Yes, it you get the majority of errors in tests 6,8 & 10, then just use those to start with as a quick test.

Comment

Thx again for your reply. Just for your information....
            As mentioned on my 1st post whenever i run memtest always showing differences on the L1 L2 L3 chache speeds.
            I made 3 more runs tonight and all of them show different speeds.
            In the beggining i thought that something was maybe wrong on my cpu oc. I went on stock settings and memtest was still reading different cache speeds.

Comment

In general, the lower the cache level, the higher variance in speed measurements.

Having said that, we are implementing ways to reduce the large variance in cache speeds.

Comment

Working...
              X