Faulty RAM or bug in MemTest V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty RAM or bug in MemTest V8

We had severe troubles with the pc we've build. Everytime I played games, the pc would FREEZE after a set time, depending on the game... (Wildlands around 20 mins, Shadow ot TR around an hour, etc) Also it would freeze if I was encoding multiple 4K HDR streams for extended times. (Lots of memory and CPU usage)
    Lately those freezes became worse. So we started testing CPU, MB, GPU, PSU, HD's... in every way possible. But nothing helped. We even replaced all those components. (We also found an overheated/bad component on the MB, so we first thought it was that... So we bought a new one, while the old one has been refunded. My GPU is now in for reparations/checkup.

But still the pc freezes, even without GPU (1080GTX)

So we tried the MemTestV8.
    Standard settings, loop 1 was finished in an hour without problems, but then... again the computer freezes on this screen:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Compressed Test.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	43603

You can clearly see the faulty background. (Due to limitations for the upload, many details were lost)
    We have currently the MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon (motherboard) - 4 DIMMS of RAM (for the test XMP was enabled, but the freezes ingame/windows occur regardless of the XMP setting)

If you need more info, I can provide it.
    If you can help, much appreciated....

Do we need to test the RAM further? Or is it another issue?

Thanks
    Bart

So you have replaced CPU, MB, GPU, PSU & HDD and still have a problem?

It really only leaves the RAM as a possibility.

Try testing with just 2 of your 4 sticks.

But video corruption could also be due to bad RAM when using an integrated video card. But it could also be a BIOS bug.

See also,
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Working...
    X