Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest results interpretent

Dear members,

First thanks for taking the time reading and maybe helping me out. I'm sorry for the typo's, english is not my native language.

I did this memtest for the first time because over the 9 months i had a feeling something was wrong with this custom build pc. I use it mainly for gaming. Once a month - when playing a game - i have a BSOD. It happens in: Rust, Fortnite, Guildwars 2, Pubg. I never had a BSOD outside a gaming environment. I never could pinpoint the problem: heat, driverissue, hardware? It is very hard to simulate the BSOD because it happens very rarly and not often. But notherless it happend on a couple of games.

So i started with a memtest. At first it looked good, but in the last run it returned 5 errors. Can you guys help me interepretent this results.

Some hardware info:
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4 16 GB: 2x8 GB
    • Intel i5 8600 K 3,6 Ghz -6 cores 9 mb cache
    • Asrock Z370 Extreme 4 ATX LGA 1151
    • Gigabyte Geforce 1080 windforce OC
    The file was 200 KB, so i couldnt upload it trough the website: Here is the wetransfer: https://we.tl/t-vwAt9pOJJE
    I added pictures of the screen.

Thank you in forward,

Sam
    Attached Files

Very likely it is bad RAM.

See also,
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

Comment

Hey David,

Wow, thanks for the fast respond! I'll check into the link you sended.

Greetings,

Froksje,
      Belgium

Comment

Hello,

I checked into the troubleshooting. I'm fairly new to this stuff, but i went into the bios and switched xmp profile to auto.
        My Memory speed went from 3000 Mhz to 2133 Mhz. I ran a new memtest and it passed.

What next steps would you guys advice me?
        • Still RMA? I contacted the shop already.
        I added a screenshot of the bios where i changed the xmp profile. I only had 2 options, Auto & profile 1
        I added the log of the Memtest

Greetings,

Froksje,
        Belgium
        Attached Files

Comment

Well if both the motherboard and RAM claim 3000Mhz support, then the RAM doesn't seem to meet specifications. So it is faulty. You need to decide if you can live with the fault. Maybe see what effect the memory speed decrease has on game frame rates. I suspect not much. So maybe you can live with it.

Comment

Working...
          X