Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading the mt86.cfg from specific network locations

Greetings,

Is it possible to PXE boot MemTest86 and load the mt86.cfg file from a specific network location?

Thanks,

William

In general, the mt86.cfg file needs to be in the TFTP root directory.

Originally posted by William Atchison View Post
    Is it possible to PXE boot MemTest86 and load the mt86.cfg file from a specific network location?
    Are you referring to a specific path relative to the TFTP root directory, or a completely different machine with a different IP address?

Comment

What I am referring to is, having the mt86.cfg file in a directory other than the TFTP root directory. Ultimately, the end goal is to be in a linux kernel (tinycore 4.14.10), call memtest86 to run with a specific mt86.cfg file, have my machine reboot and run memtest86, upon finishing memtest86 testing the machine will reboot again and resume the original linux kernel (tinycore 4.14.10), where I will be presented with a results log. I would love to purchase a site license and test this live in my company's environment, but I don't want to spend the money for it not to work. Is there any way that I could be given an evaluation copy of the site license version (i don't care if it is a previous version or not).

Comment

If you are doing this as a means to review and collect the report data, then maybe you can use the Management Console
        https://www.passmark.com/products/bitmgtconsole.htm

Comment

Working...
        X