MemTest86 v5.1 (2019) Lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest86 v5.1 (2019) Lockout

I turned I decided to turn my monitor off so it wouldn’t distract me... bad idea, now I can’t get memtest to get signal to my display anymore. I saw threads from 2015-16 and staff said it would be fixed in a beta yet 3-4 years later it’s still an issue, is it possible to get signal again or do I have to restart my pc and do it again after waiting 3 hours?

Was it V5.1 or V5.01? (What colour was the screen background, blue or black, before you turned off the monitor).

Why are you using V5, as V8 is the current release?

If you are using V5.1 (and not 5.01) and you were running from USB and not CD, then there will be a log file on the USB drive.
    MemTest86.log is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 v5 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition. Search it for the word "Error".

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Was it V5.1 or V5.01? (What colour was the screen background, blue or black, before you turned off the monitor).

Why are you using V5, as V8 is the current release?

If you are using V5.1 (and not 5.01) and you were running from USB and not CD, then there will be a log file on the USB drive.
      MemTest86.log is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 v5 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition. Search it for the word "Error".
      8.1 , accident. I re-ran it anyway but annoying it locks out like that

Comment

Working...
      X