Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Inversions Test Fail when activating more than two CPU's (AMD RX-421BD 4-core)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Inversions Test Fail when activating more than two CPU's (AMD RX-421BD 4-core)

Hello,

Test 3 in MemTest (moving inversions) allways fails when enabling more than 2 cpu's on an AMD quad core. (works with cpu 0,2)

Further, when enabling, for example CPULIST=0,3 , PassMark tells me there are 3 active CPU's and will fail as well.

When testing with an Intel I3 (2core with HT) i can activate all 4 CPU's without issue.

Any thougts on this ? is it a bug in MemTest? BTW, it's MemTest86 V7.5 Pro (64-bit) on embedded boards

V7.5 is a little old now.
    Would be interesting to see if V8 had the same problem.

I assume when you test the Intel CPU it is in a different motherboard with different RAM. (Saying there are no errors in a completely different machine doesn't mean much).

If there are RAM errors, maybe the RAM is bad and it just fails under higher load?

Comment

Thanks David,

have tried (free) version 8 as well. Error text is now in red but same behaviour. Reading all f instead of 0.

The Intel was tested in a different Board, but the Ram was the same of course . And i have tested 6 different pairs from different Manufacturer and it's allways the same behaviour. So i can exclude the Ram from beeing the issue (there are all fine with intel board and CPU) . I trust MemTest is not activating and/or using the CPU's correctly. As described before, when activating two CPU's (0,3) MemTest is utilising 3 CPU's... seems a litte strange

Comment

Can you send us the log file.
        A log file (MemTest86.log) is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition

Comment

Hi DAvid,

had to upload two ( i'm using two sets of USB drives) extracts from the logs as i can only upload some KB.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the logs. It looks like an issue with the UEFI firmware's multiprocessor subsystem.

Can you check if there is an updated BIOS available.

Comment

Working...
            X