Can't boot into MemTest86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't boot into MemTest86

Hello. So, I was encountering some BSOD, green screen and stuck screen problems so I wanted to run memtest86 for some hours to see results. When I try to boot from USB Drive, black screen flashes for 3 times and boots in Windows 10. I won't be too long. Things I have tried:

- Booting from 2 USB Drives, first one is 3.0 and second one is 2.0,
    - Copying files to them with Image USB Tool, Rufus and Universal USB Installer,
    - Formatting to FAT32 and NTFS then copying files again,
    - Booting from both 3.0 and 2.0 USB ports,
    - Booting from Legacy mode,
    - Setting USB drive priority to be first when booting and disabled all hard drives,
    - Turning off UEFI boot mode completely in BIOS.

As you can see, I tried all but nothing works. Is there any solution? Thanks in advance.

You need UEFI for the latest MemTest86 version, so don't turn that off. If anything you want to turn off legacy mode.
    USB drive needs to be #1 in the boot order. It will boot Windows otherwise.
    If using ImageUSB there is no need to format the USB drive in advance. It completely wipes the drive, including the formatting information.
    We don't recommend Rufus nor universal USB Installer. We don't know exactly what they do, and have never tested them.
    Using a USB2 or USB3 port doesn't matter UNLESS the bios is really old and doesn't support USB3. So USB2 is safer if in doubt.
    Using the USB3 or USB2 drive doesn't matter. USB3 drives fall back to using USB2 protocol when plugged into a USB2 port.

Comment

Working...
    X