No announcement yet.

Memtest86 Test #3 giving 65535+ errors and freezing during at different times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 Test #3 giving 65535+ errors and freezing during at different times

First off I am using Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B. I am running memtest86 to see if my RAM is the reason for the BSOD I have been getting at random times. The test is fine until test 3 where it gets 65535+ errors and will subsequently freeze up before the whole test even finishes. I have tried switching the slots the RAM is in, testing one at a time, and even testing one at a time in different slots but the result is always the same. I am wondering if maybe it is not a RAM issue if it could be the processor or motherboard because it seems very strange that both sticks of RAM would go bad at the exact same time. The weird thing is windows seems to run fine most of the time and I can play games, watch TV and do whatever on my computer just fine without any issues until I get the BSOD sometimes once a week sometimes more sometimes less frequently. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am getting more and more confused the more tests I do.

Just a quick update on my post. I downloaded another memory test program called Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found no errors at all, and I ran it a couple of times to be sure. Not sure if there is some kind of compatibility issue between my system and Memtest86, but all the same I would appreciate some help in deciphering my problem. Thanks!

Comment

What type of CPU do you have?

The problem is most likely the same as this one,
      http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...ails-at-Test-3
      and this one,
      http://www.passmark.com/forum/showth...PU-mode-passes

The work-around for the moment is to run the tests in single threaded mode.

Comment

The CPU is an Intel Core i7-3770 @3.40 GHz, and the motherboard is the Intel Extreme DZ77GA-70K.

I will go ahead and give it a shot in single threaded mode and see what I come up with thanks for the advice.

Comment

I ran the test in single threaded mode all morning and no errors, so it must be the same issue the others were having. Thanks again for the help. Now back to trying to figure what is cause the random BSOD issues.

Comment

We implemented a work-around in the V4.3 release that should allow testing on machines that have this problem.

See the post on the MemTest86 V4.3 release for more details.

Comment

Working...
            X