memtest overnight results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memtest overnight results

So first of all I am using the G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz (2x8gb) running them at 2933 Mhz with 1.35V on the ASRock B450 Pro4.

I am using my overclocked Ryzen 5 2600 at 3.9ghz.

I do know one mistake already, I installed the RAM in the wrong slots and because my CPU Cooler is over one of them I have to first uninstall that one to move them.

So my RAMs are running as a single channel instead of a dual channel because they are in A1 + A2, could this have cause these few errors?

Does it even make sense to run memtest with this type of RAM-installation?

Greetings

If you are seeing errors in single channel mode, there is a reasonable chance you'll also see errors in dual channel mode.
    Generally we see more errors in dual channel than single channel.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      If you are seeing errors in single channel mode, there is a reasonable chance you'll also see errors in dual channel mode.
      Generally we see more errors in dual channel than single channel.
      Hey,

sry I forgot to add the screenshots the other time so here is the screenshot of my first memtest: https://gyazo.com/8cc0dbe43c1d890d32461666ac416c50

I suppose I should have mentioned that I did not use memtest86 this far because I so far just didn't really get to it even though I was planning on it.

So this test was performed with my RAM running at 2933 and 1.35V - AND being in the wrong channels.

So now I ran another test overnight with a my stock settings of 2133 and 1.2V and well I did not get a single error: https://gyazo.com/f51ba12a74e652c02d4613f388e681d6

Could this be due to the installation in the wrong channels? that it does not perform stable at higher frequencies?

Comment

I did not use memtest86
        So it doesn't make much sense to post in the MemTest86 forum if you aren't even using the software.

Comment

Hey yeah sorry for that my bad,

here are the MemTest86 results: MemTest86.zip

So I tested this when my RAM was running at 2133 but I saw the full capacity frequency of 3002 everywhere in the test, so did it test my ram at it's full frequency?

I am asking because when doing the other memtest I did have errors when running it at 2933 and did not have any issues when running my ram at 2133.

Edit: I had to zip the file because it was 2 big.

Comment

Working...
          X