Quesiton about RAM information's DDR speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quesiton about RAM information's DDR speed

Hi i have a question about the DDR speed shows in the test page's RMA information, is it only shows the highest modules speed, but the test will still follow the module speed set in BIOS or the test will run as the highest module speed it shows?

Cause my BIOS setting was force speed to 1333Mhz and in BIOS menu it did shows 1333Mhz, but in Memtest test page, it shows the speed as 1600Mhz(what I though could be the information read form the SPD code).

but when I rewrite the SPD code and set the tCKmin as 1333Mhz, in Memtest it shows the information as my except,

Because I have some problem on this module when it run as 1600Mhz and I want to make sure if I can only change the BIOS setting to fix this problem, but this test result really makes me confuse

my test result

BIOS set as 1333Mhz, Module SPD set tCKmin as1600Mhz, but CL support 1333Mhz ---> Failed on test pattern 6
    BIOS set as 1333Mhz, module SPD set tCKmin to 1333Mhz ---> Passed

case as my except these 2 result should be all passed

and I have another question, how should I interpret the address information so I can know which module's data bit or which DQ is failure?

please help!

Tests always run at the clock speed selected in BIOS and MemTest86 never changes the clock speed or timing settings.

MemTest86 displays information from the RAM SPD chip, which generally has multiple supported speeds. Some of which might be higher or lower than what you are using in BIOS.

If you are getting memory errors, see this page
    https://www.memtest86.com/troubleshooting.htm

If you are rewriting the RAM's SPD data, then you should be an expert in DRAM. More of an expert than us. I don't think is something we can help with.

Comment

Working...
    X