Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPU utilization for each processor when running MemTest86 tests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU utilization for each processor when running MemTest86 tests?

Is there any way to obtain information on CPU utilization for each processor whan runinng MemTest86 tests?
    I am using MemTest86 to test Ryzen 2700X and Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x16GB Ram Kit.
    Ram Stability is affected by the CPU base clock frequency and noise in the system.
    Since Ryzen 2700x is a 8 core 16 thread CPU, it is possible that I could be running the CPU in Windows 10 at 95% CPU utilization.
    That is likely to generate lots of noise on the Ryzen 2700x die and motherboard power supply.
    In addition I have a Palit GeForce RTX2080 OC GamingPro GPU and an RX Vega 64 Liquid GPU runing on the same system, potentially both GPU's will be running at 100% utilization, each drawing lots of power and generating lots of noise.
    Can I really rely on MemTest86, which runs outside of Windows 10, and does not take into account running GPU(s) to test the reliability of the Memory on my system?
    Certainly passing MemTest86 is a prerequisite to even booting into Windows 10, but onece i am in that OS, what software should I use to test if the Memory passes similar test to MemTest86?
    Thanks.

MemTest86 is a RAM tester. It doesn't attempt to load the CPU, the video card, PSU or any other component. But of course there will be some incidental load on the other components.Nor does it track CPU load per core.

What you need is BurnInTest. Which can place a lot of load on all components at the same time.

Comment

Working...
    X